Government Engagement & Strategic Communications Account Manager
If you love politics and current affairs, have a strong understanding of government and strategic engagement, and a passion for social causes, then this is the role for you. Fifty Acres is an ambitious virtual communications and engagement agency that works with amazing organisations and brands.
Fifty Acres isn’t a traditional agency; we’re flexible, so you can work either at a co-working space or from home. We also take pride in working on projects that we care passionately about. You’ll get opportunities to work on everything – the sky's the limit.
We’re seeking a part-time or full-time Government Engagement & Strategic Communications Account Manager, to kick goals for our clients as we approach the next Federal Election. You can be based anywhere in Australia but must be prepared to travel to Canberra and other states as required. Salary will be based on experience.
Qualifications and experience – to be successful in this role you must have:
- At least 3 years experience working in a government engagement and communications/PR agency
- A very strong understanding of politics and current affairs
- Experience engaging with VIPs and high profile people
- Experience in coordinating high profile meetings and events
- Very strong organisational, time management, and prioritisation skills
- Excellent writing and content development skills for a range of channels including media, social media, digital platforms and websites
- Be a strategic thinker with the ability to deliver quality engagement and communications strategies
- Qualifications in communications, politics, public policy, or PR
- A willingness to work outside of standard hours
- Experience in public policy, policy writing, and campaigns will be highly regarded
Role and responsibilities:
Reporting to the Managing Director, you are tasked with overseeing a portfolio of clients which includes duties, such as:
- Developing engagement and communications strategies and plans and liaising with clients
- Coordinating large and small events and meetings
- Liaising with political influencers, VIPs and high profile people
- Developing a wide range of communications collateral, including invitations, social eKits, blogs, key messaging, fact sheets, policy submissions
- Keeping abreast of political and current affairs, and the daily news cycle to help identify opportunities for engagement strategies and tactics that get results
How to apply:
If you fit the bill, please send your resume, examples of recent work and the names of two references to Asha Serpless: firstname.lastname@example.org. Strictly no calls.